Personal Data We Collect
Type of Personal Data
Personal Data means any information which relates to you and which was collected or provided to Sri Kuala Lumpur School for the stated purposes. Your personal data may include your full name, identification card number, passport number, nationality, contact numbers, home address, images (photos), email address, date of birth, parents’/guardian’s marital status and employer information, student’s gender.
Sensitive Personal Data refers to race, health information, physical or mental condition, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, political opinions, commission of offence and biometric data. The sensitive information shall be treated carefully by the School and will only be used for specific purposes and disclosed only when strictly necessary.
Sources of Personal Data
Student or Potential Student, Parent or Guardian – We obtained your personal data directly or indirectly from information you have provided through inquiry forms, application and/or registration forms through e-mail, social media and other modes of electronic communication including physical forms and online, or when you visit our School.
Supplier or Service Provider or Vendor – We collect your personal data directly or indirectly when we receive personal information pertaining to tenders, quotations and proposals where applicable.
Purposes of Collecting and Processing your Personal Data
The purpose for which personal data is collected and further processed includes, but not restricted to the following:
- to process applications for admissions and ensure continuous provision of academic and educational services to you;
- to provide visa application and insurance coverage throughout the term of your studies with us – for administration, assessment and records management;
- to inform you about academic progress, tuition fees and other relevant payments;
- the provision of education and enrichment to our students, including the administration of our curriculum; monitoring student academic progress and educational needs; reporting on the same internally and to parents; administration of student’s entries to public examinations and providing references for students (including after a student has left);
- to maintain students’ personal details, academic and non-academic records;
- to facilitate co-curricular related activities and other school events;
- to maintain a student/class register;
- to provide the relevant administrative support and counselling;
- to manage use of facilities including library, laboratories and so on;
- to administer the graduation and related events;
- to communicate with students/parents on any important announcements;
- to contact students’ next of kin in case of emergency or accident;
- to pursue/collect any sums in arrears by our parents/guardians;
- to care for the medical/well-being of students;
- to contact you regarding events, courses and programmes;
- to be used for promotional/informational newsletter, social medias and other materials from Sri Kuala Lumpur School.
Supplier or Service Provider or Vendor – Your personal information is collected and further processed as required or permitted by law for the services that you provide to us.
Disclosures and Transfers of Your Personal Data
Sri Kuala Lumpur will keep your personal data confidential and disclosure will only be in instances where it is strictly necessary.
Your personal information may be disclosed or transferred within Sri Kuala Lumpur School or relevant third parties (within or outside of Malaysia) as required under law, or to fulfil a contractual relationship or for the purposes stated above.
Relevant third parties including the following:
- The Ministry of Education, other relevant government departments/agencies;
- Malaysian Immigration Department and its appointed agencies;
- Foreign embassies and their appointed agencies;
- Scholarship and education sponsorship bodies
- Health authorities, clinics and hospitals for health-related matters and emergencies;
- Future schools/institutions when the school is listed as a referee;
- The Parent Teacher Association;
- Examination Boards;
- Service vendors/third parties appointed by Sri Kuala Lumpur to provide services to the School;
- Other institutions or companies with a contractual relationship with Sri Kuala Lumpur School.
Storage and Retention of Personal Data
Your personal data is stored securely in hard copy files or in databases within our offices. Your personal data that you have provided to us will be retained by us as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose as stated above and where required, to fulfil statutory, regulatory or accounting requirements.
Right to Access and Data Subject’s Obligation
You have the right to access and correct your personal data held by the School under the PDPA. You may contact us or notify us directly about your personal data for any of the following reasons:
- to ensure your personal data is accurate, complete and up to date;
- to access, amend, update or correct your personal data held by the School;
- to withdraw your consent to the data processing/use of your personal data by the School.
Although, we only process your personal data for the purposes as stated above, in the event that your personal data is being processed for other purposes, we will seek your consent.
Cookies are small pieces of text/information sent to your browser by a website you visit. These cookies are used to remember information about your visit, including visitor’s preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited which can both make it easier to visit the site again and make the site more useful to you.
Sri Kuala Lumpur School reserves the right to update this Notice/Policy from time to time.